This must-see show involves the projection of firelight to a white screen where performers manipulate the puppets by thin bamboo rods to produce shadows. The puppets are incredible art pieces in themselves - craftsmen work flat cut-out cowhide leather by hand, adding intricate details like facial features, weapons & clothing.
The leather puppets, usually colored back, are then held up behind a screen infront of a strong light source creating shadows that move according to the music.
The shadow puppets are often made with movable legs, arms as well as mouths that are able to imitate the speech & even songs of a narrator. Shadow puppet theatre often includes comic characters & is usually based on stories of the Kmer's everyday lives.
Enjoy this unique form of entertainment as the performers bring to life traditional stories of the Khmer people, which have been handed down from generations to generations.
- • English speaking guide
- • Entrance fees & permits
- • Transfers by air-conditioned vehicle
- • Service charge & current government VAT tax
- • Tips & gratuities at your discretion
- • This is a private performance so you can choose your start time.
- • Recommended pick up time is 6 PM as this show is best viewed in the evening.
- • Pick up & drop off is at hotels located within the town centre. Surcharge applies for all other locations.
|No. of Guest:||Price per person (HKD)|